Position: Assistant Program Officer (Trợ lý Chương trình)
Organization: The Japan Foundation Center for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam
Duty Station: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Number of vacancy: 1
Expected start day: In late of Sep, 2017
Type / Duration of contract: 1 year contract with the possibility of renewal
The Japan Foundation is Japan’s principal organization for promoting international cultural exchange. Opened in 2008, the Japan Foundation Center for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam (hereinafter called “the Center”), one of the foundation’s newest overseas offices, has been enthusiastically implementing a diverse range of cultural activities including art, culture and society, and coordinating various programs supporting Japanese language education and Japan studies, in cooperation with the Vietnamese counterparts.
Main tasks in charge:
– Support and coordination for “Japanese language volunteers (“Nihongo Partners”) dispatched to Vietnam, mainly to southern area.
※The tasks should be carried out in cooperation with Japanese coordinator.
※See the link below for further details about “Nihongo Partners”.
a. Support for living of “Nihongo Partners”, communication and coordination with organizations and persons related to the task.
b. Support for school activities of “Nihongo Partners”, communication and coordination with organizations and persons related to the task.
c. c. Translation of documents or meetings from Japanese toVietnamese, Vietnamese to Japanese
– Other occasional tasks assigned by superiors.
– Vietnamese nationality
– Under 30, not pregnant as of the applying day
– Holding a Bachelor degree (or upper degree) in relevant field
– A strong command of Japanese (Equivalent to N2 / Level 2 or above) (Knowing English is an advantage)
– Strong and enthusiastic interest in Japanese language education and Japanese culture
– Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
– Available for any domestic business travel
– Good team player with strong interpersonal skills
– Excellent communication skills to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with fellow partners and cultivate productive relationships
– A good attitude to warmly welcoming guests
– Being able to going to a business trip which requires few days and more
– Working days: Monday to Friday
– Working time: 08:30 to 17:30 (Lunch break-time: 12:00 to 13:30)
– Salary: Upon negotiation
– Benefits: 12 days of paid leaves, summer leave, a social and health insurance and so on
How to apply:
Please send the following documents by mail or E-mail to us by Sep 5th., 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and written examination.
1. CV (in English or Japanese)
2. Copy of ID certification
3. Copies of certification of completion of relevant degree(s)
4. One photograph of the face (4 x 6 cm, recently taken one)
5. Copies of documents to certify the level of foreign language(s) (if any)
6. One short essay (one A4 paper, in Japanese or English) on your motivation to apply
Attention: Ms. Hongo (Ext. 154) / Mr. Osawa
Address: The Japan Foundation Center for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam
27 Quang Trung, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
1 Feb 2018JF Japanese e-Learning Minato
28 Dec 2017Call for Application [The Japan Foundation Travel Grant for Attendees to the 2018 AAS-in-Asia Conference in New Delhi]
6 Oct 2017Notice on the distribution of Program Guideline Fiscal 2018-2019
3 Oct 2017(Hanoi) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
12 Sep 2017(Hanoi) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
16 Aug 2017[HCMC] VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (Expired)
12 Jul 2017(Hanoi) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (Expired)
14 Jun 2017JF LIBRARY TEMPORARY CLOSURE NOTICE
30 May 2017(Hanoi) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Stay informed about our programs and events