Position: Assistant Administrative Officer
Field: General affairs
Organization: The Japan Foundation Center for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam
Duty Station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Number of vacancy: 1
Expected start day: Sometime in middle of May 2016
Type / Duration of contract:1 to 3 year contract with the possibility of renewal
The Japan Foundation is Japan’s principal organization for promoting international cultural exchange. Opened in 2008, the Japan Foundation Center for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam (hereinafter called “the Center”) has been enthusiastically implementing a diverse range of cultural activities including art, culture and society, and coordinating various programs supporting Japanese language education and Japan studies, in cooperation with the Vietnamese counterparts.
We are looking for an Assistant Administrative Officer who is in charge of following tasks (but not limited) under Japanese Administrative officer.
– Keep updating and understand about law or orders from authorities on running of organization or staff employment, tax system and so on. Communication with offices related with above.
– Follow up administrative procedures on social insurance, income tax and Japanese staffs/specialists’ visa application.
– Support for center’s events, general office works as requested.
– Generally age less than 35 with Vietnamese nationality
– Holding a Bachelor degree
– An excellent command of Japanese
(Equivalent to N2 / Level 2 or higher at Japanese Language Proficiency Test)
– A good command of English is better (IELTS 6.0 or TOEIC 730)
– Preferable to having career on the works mentioned above
(If not, motivated to learn these fields)
– Preferable to have interest to Japanese culture
– Excellent computer skills and web literacy
– Good team player with strong interpersonal skills
– Excellent communication skills to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with fellow partners and cultivate productive relationships
– A good attitude to warmly welcoming guests
– Working days: (Basically) Monday to Friday
– Working time: 08:30 to 17:30
– Salary: Upon negotiation (within a modest scale)
– Benefits: 12 days of annual leave, summer leave, a social and health insurance and so on.
How to apply:
Please send the following documents by mail or E-mail to us by Friday 29 April 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and written examination.
– CV (in Japanese or English)
– Copy of ID certification
– Copies of certification of completion of relevant degree(s)
– Two photographs of the face (4 x 6 cm, recently taken one)
– Copies of documents to certify the level of foreign language(s) (if any)
– One short essay (one A4 paper, in Japanese or English ) on your motivation to apply
Attention: Mr. Kawai
Address: The Japan Foundation Center for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam
27 Quang Trung, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
6 Oct 2017Notice on the distribution of Program Guideline Fiscal 2018-2019
3 Oct 2017(Hanoi) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
12 Sep 2017(Hanoi) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
16 Aug 2017[HCMC] VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (Expired)
12 Jul 2017(Hanoi) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (Expired)
14 Jun 2017JF LIBRARY TEMPORARY CLOSURE NOTICE
30 May 2017(Hanoi) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
24 Jan 2017Call for Application [The Japan Foundation Travel Grant for Attendees to the 2017 AAS-in-Asia Conference in Seoul]
9 Nov 2016Call for Application: The Japan Foundation Travel Grant for Attendees to the AAS 2017 in Toronto
27 Oct 2016Notice on the distribution of Program Guideline Fiscal 2017-2018
Stay informed about our programs and events